Summer Fun: Part One
Thursday, August 16, 2012
Wow! Can you believe the summer is almost over?! We have had lots of fun and made many memories. So much fun, in fact, that my blog has been a bit neglected. But, I still love having a place to capture and share memories so I am definitely not letting it go to the wayside. I don't want to bore you with loads and loads of pictures, so I am going to break it into separate "installments".
Part 1:
Jack played baseball again this summer and was on the Honkers team again. He had the same coach and many of the same players as last year. But, this year the team was a little older and a little more experienced....it showed! They had a great year and only lost to 1 other team. Jack hit very well and his outfield performance was just as impressive. He was especially proud of his double play during the last game of the season against a tough team.
Here are several pictures taken during a few different games.
![]() |
| Honkers 2012 |
Given the hot temperatures we spent a large part of our time in the small inflatable pool in our backyard or at Auntie's neighborhood pool. Between that and the swimming lessons, the kids have turned into real "fish". Both Jack and Meghan have mastered the front crawl and back stroke by swimming 25 yards unassisted and without stopping. While they still may not be ready for the swim team, I am proud of how far they have some in a short period of time.
![]() |
| Summer Pool Fun |

