Getting Caught Up
Monday, January 24, 2011
It has been 3 weeks since William was born, and we are all still getting used to things around here. The kids have been great with him, and he is the best baby ever!! If my memory serves me correctly, I would have to say that so far he is the best one. Maybe he knew before he was born that he would have to just go with the flow around here.
Jack's hockey season is in full swing and has had several more games since the last post. He is continuing to improve and is still having a blast. More news on Jack is that he is happy to report that he has his first loose tooth. It will be pretty exciting when if finally comes out. As for the other progress Jack is making....he recently learned how to do multiplication and started reading chapter books. He got the games Rush Hour and Chocolate Fix for Christmas and just loves "using his brain" to solve the problems. But, of course his favorite game still continues to be Angry Birds, which he gets to play when Grandma or Auntie come to visit and bring their i-Pads along.
Meghan has once again fully embraced her role as the big sister. I love how nurturing she is and her willingness to help me out with William. She would be happy sitting and holding him all day if she could. I am also very excited to report that she is well on her way to being a crafty dabbler like myself. Her coloring skills are exceptional, and she loves making cards with all my paper scraps. She even asked for a sewing machine, so that I could teach her how to sew. I think that's one craft that's going to have to wait a few years. : ) But, unlike myself, she is a bit more athletic. She learned how to ice skate (without assistance) after only one trip to the rink. Next, I think that she will be teaching ME how to skate.
As for Annabel, she has surprisingly adjusted very well to William. But, it took a little more time for her to adjust to sharing a room with Meghan, and sleeping in a big girl bed. However, I am happy to report that she is doing very well and the worst is over. She continues to say new words everyday and has developed quite a vocabulary. She LOVES books, puzzles, and getting into whatever her big brother and sister are doing. : )
I am attaching a few pictures that I took for William's birth announcements. Yes, I made the hat. In fact, I was knitting it while I was in labor (I had to do something to help me relax).