Growing up Fast!
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
People always tell you that kids grow up way too fast, and I never completely believed them until I had my second child. With the first, I was always (im)patiently waiting for the next step in the growing process. But, after subsequent children, I started saying to myself..."whoa, you can't be doing that already!"...sooner and more frequently. So, here I am again thinking, "how can this be?!"
Last week my (not so) little boy got glasses. I think he looks quite handsome in them, although it has taken me some time getting used to looking at him. He looks sooooo much older, and dare I say, a little wiser. Then, yesterday he gets in the car after school and tells me what he did that day. I couldn't believe my ears when he told me he put together a Powerpoint presentation. After some questioning, I was even more impressed because no one showed him at all how to create one, and he even figured out how to change the template and add images. And to think, at my old job, a small part of what I did was teach adults how to use this very same tool that my 6 yr. old taught himself in one day. Good thing Mike and I can help him when he starts asking us about Java (a computer programming language), because it may come sooner than we thought : )

