Chalk Painting
Friday, June 24, 2011
The kids are really into painting, so I thought it would be fun to take the painting out doors. Using what I had on hand (cornstarch, water, food coloring), we created 'chalk paint'. The kids had so much fun using their brushes on the driveway instead of their pieces of broken chalk. The colors didn't show up very bright at first, but once it dried, we had a magnificent masterpiece.
Ready to dip into the fresh paint...don't you just love the tutu Annabel insisted wearing outside : )
Artists at work
Yup, even the toes got painted.
Jack thought it would be fun to 'splash' paint, which I agree made a nice effect, and it is certainly something that you can't do with chalk pieces.
This little guy was napping while we were painting. But I caught this little gem of a photo after he woke up, and I couldn't resist sharing it.
